You have the option of being prescribed a combination of oral sedatives by Dr. John A. Boghossian. Oral sedation will help reduce your anxiety before and during your procedure.
- The medication may make you sleepy and impair your thinking and coordination. You must have a responsible adult companion for travel to and from our office.
- You must be escorted by this companion to and from the parking lot to prevent you from accidentally stumbling.
- If your appointment is in the MORNING: You should take the prescribed medications according to direction, and you can have a light meal (no fat) such as toast without butter or margarine and beverage without caffeine. No grapefruit juice.
- If your appointment is in the AFTERNOON: A light breakfast is okay (1/2 bowl of cereal and O.J. up to 5-6 hours before your procedure. After this, nothing to eat or drink.
- After your treatment is complete, a reliable companion must escort you out of the office and take you home. The sedative effects may linger for the rest of the day so you should have a responsible adult stay until you are able to take care of yourself.